Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tired

I'm just tired. I'm tired of all the doom and gloom stories of autism and all the martyr stories. This is nothing about me and all about Roger. Yes I have to do things. I have to take him places and give up things but that is being a parent. I don't want to change him but yes I do want to help him cope.
Right now he has gotten to the point when he starts pacing or rocking he has no problems telling the person that's staring I have autism whats your excuse. He needs to have a voice.
My biggest question where are the adults? I know they are out there I have talked to them. Bring them into the conversation. Every report about autism is about the parents and what they suffer through. what about the kid? what about them. I don't care what I go through what about my kid what is he going through? That's what I want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment