Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Dx Day

Diagnosis day was just last week. We went and meet with the neuro-psychologist after he did all of his surveys and testing. Anytime someone starts with your child is very smart you wait for the but... He said what we expected to hear Roger does have Autism. We have been expecting this for over a year so it was no shock.We were actually relieved. We have an answer now and know where to start. 
First we must get the school to reopen sped and get an IEP written. He also had suggested a few different therapist who may be able to help. CBT I don't even know what that is but I know there is a 4 month wait to get in the clinic. 
I kind of stressed out over telling Roger. I didn't think he would care but I also didn't want him to find out from someone else. It happened to be easier than expected. He saw the book the Dr. had given us and pointed out the word autism and asked is this what I have? I said yes and he was like ok what it is. I told him I'm not really sure how to explain it just yet and he said oh well read the book and tell me later. Then he was off to build with his leggos didn't even phase him.

No comments:

Post a Comment