Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Computers

I have taken the kids computer away.  Not because they did anything wrong more because that's all they do. Am I setting myself up for meltdowns yeah I know I am, but not only the little ones but Roger needs to learn to entertain themselves another way. You can't always have a screen in front of you. While the little ones will go play outside or something Roger will read a book. So far day two and no meltdowns from Roger yet. Besides at some point this summer I am going to have to take it in and have it fixed which means it will be gone for at least a week. Motherboard is crap along with the hard drive oh and the keyboard is losing keys. It would almost be cheaper to buy a new one but i just don't have the money for that and Roger will need it by the time he goes back to school so maybe if I fix one part at a time we will be able to pull it off.

2 comments:

  1. Taking things away is one of the hardest things we do as parents. You are doing the right thing and you will survive this. I think that the more calm you stay about it, the more they will. Good luck on your repairs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^^ I agree with Jackie- sounds like it's time to start a new pattern in your household. :)

    ReplyDelete