Monday, March 21, 2011

New laws

So all of the states are slowly passing laws stating that insurance companies must pay for Autism treatments. That is all well and good but may have age limits that max out at 6 years old. So what are those of us with older kids supposed to do? Does the government think Autism magically disappears at age 6. Have they forgotten it is a life long issue.
While the laws are a step in the right direction I guess it's not enough. Why are we relying on the government to help our kids. I am getting more emails and facebook updates to call the Governor and tell him to support this bill. Really why would I it doesn't help me or many other parents in the state. I don't think it would be a bad thing for it to go back for amendment and take off the age limits. But that's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment