Thursday, April 14, 2011

Meltdown 101

As I type this we are in the mist of a meltdown. A bad one its been going for 2 hours without an end in sight. What started it he was online and found some naruto cards he wants. I said no and it was all down hill from there. The hissing, the growling, the physical ticks that always get so much worse. Pacing around the house, pulling things off shelves. But it couldn't have come at a better time. The ABA therapist was here to do our initial interview for services and she had a front row seat to it all. Roger presents as a normal kid. When she came in he was on the computer like any other kid his age, he gets good grades, and has great test scores. But when the ugly side shows it shows. Finally someone saw it and knew I'm just trying to help him and maybe if I'm lucky lessen these meltdowns. After what she witnessed it was yes you need services. She also said it must be exhausting for me but you know It must be exhausting for him. To not be able to regulate himself or get himself off of a topic.

one of the signs that has gone up

another one mid meltdown since I am the one who made him mad

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry and glad for you all at the same time. I know it must be hard to see your child hurting, but good that you finally got someone to take you seriously!

    ReplyDelete