Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving


Thanksgiving is upon us again. We will be spending it with my sister in law and friends. We have a total of three turkeys (yeah we tend to have way too much food). One will be baked and two will be fried. Roger cannot wait to see a turkey fried.

Growing up I hated it. None of my friends could come over, everything was closed and really I was bored. I still kinda think it’s a useless holiday but then again what’s so wrong with an excuse to have a ton of food. Not that we need one in this family.

 I am thankful for my Roger and Lucy, who have taught me more than I could ever imagine who I love with all my heart. I wouldn't have it any other way.

I am thankful for their siblings, who have grown up quicker than most children, who know the world does not revolve around them. I love you all and am PROUD of each and every one of you! Porkchop can sit through an IEP meeting or therapy appointment like no other. Wonder if that’s a skill he can add to his resume later in life.

I am thankful for my husband, who after 10 years of being a single mom, came into my life as part of the family (I knew him before I had kids), accepted the challenge, simply because he loves me. Thank you for all of your help I know that there are times that you want to run.  But you don’t.   Not to mention that you are hot and can fix pretty much anything no matter how badly I’ve screwed it up. 

No matter how hard life may seem at times, I know that I have an amazing life and a lot to be thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment