Thursday, December 1, 2011

R.I.P. Pooh Blanket

Facebook post from November 5, 2011: 

"finally got Roger to agree to give me his pooh blanket to wash. It's a crib comforter that he has had since he was born. It's a fight to get it from him and by the looks of it I don't think it will survive another wash." It did survive that wash.


Today's Post: 

"The blanket he has had since he was a baby is no longer. It finally fell apart it has been 12 years. Which lead to a 2 hour meltdown which involved rearranging the house because he could not tape the blanket back together. Of course since it has been 12 years I cannot find another one, so far it looks like a blanket his great grandma made him will work as a replacement."
Pooh Blanket


Yes you read that right pooh blanket is gone. Roger came out of his room last night all upset and all he kept repeating was it's broken. Rearranging my house because he cannot get what he needs to say out. Finally he ended up going in my room to the trunk that has their baby stuff. Yes I am that mom I have there first outfits, costumes, etc. I have restricted myself to one trunk, anyways my hording of baby crap is not the the story here that's a whole other post. When he gt the stuff off the trunk and opened it I saw what the problem was he was putting pooh blanket in there.

While you can see through this blanket yeah its that bad he still wants to keep it. Now he is putting in the trunk rather than in his bed. Now before we got to this he took a roll of scotch tape and tried to tape the blanket back together. Of course that wasn't going to work which is what set off the meltdown. 
You can see where he tried to tape it


On the progress side:
1) He deiced it was time to retire the blanket. (while he wont let me throw it out he put it in the trunk) 
2) I have other baby blankets that are his from when he was born and he was willing to try another one. Right now a blanket Nana (great-grandma) made him is what he has chosen.
3) Usually during a meltdown I might as well be talking to a wall, I'd get a better response. While this one started like that like he did calm himself down enough to tell me it's broke, tape wont work and I feel sad. (go figure somehow I figured out how that all went together.

R.I.P. Pooh Blanket

 

No comments:

Post a Comment