Monday, December 30, 2013

Hands Free Mama Book Review

Hands Free Mama: A Guide to Putting Down the Phone, Burning the To-Do List, and Letting Go of Perfection to Grasp What Really Matters!Hands Free Mama: A Guide to Putting Down the Phone, Burning the To-Do List, and Letting Go of Perfection to Grasp What Really Matters! by Rachel Macy Stafford
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It was a good look at how being plugged in all the time is harmful. We may think we are connected but really we are missing real life. She has some great suggestions for unplugging. Such as start with just a short period of time. A hour even just ten minutes. Work your way up and think about what is really important. I liked her story of the canceled swim practice and the kids reaction when mom said we have nothing to do. Instead of rushing around trying to fill up time they just went home. They had unscheduled time to just be, if that fun included cleaning the garage for a bit. Not every moment of life needs to be scheduled down to the minute. We all need down time.
Overall it's a easy read and will make you think. Though I kinda laughed that I personally was reading this on my iPad.
Trust me put the phone and iPad down. I did. I left me in the truck for a whole 8 hours. Honestly I didn't miss it. I could actually visit with people and Facebook it went on without me. I know the horror.

I received a digital galley copy from netgalley for review. My copy expired but I will be looking to buy myself a hard copy of this one.

Really right now go buy this book.  http://www.amazon.com/Hands-Free-Mama-Putting-Perfection/dp/0310338131/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1390163310&sr=1-1&keywords=hands+free+mama


No comments:

Post a Comment